- “On the Nonhuman Unconscious.” Respondent to Patricia Clough’s talk “The Present: Notes Toward a Theory of a Nonhuman Unconscious.” Hacking Feminism, The Center for Transformative MediaParsons, the New School, NYC, May 9-10, 2015.
- Respondent at Levi Bryant’s talk “Lacan’s Universes of Discourse and the New Symptoms.” Toronto Psychoanalytic Society, March 23, 2013.
- “On Apps, Big Data, Surveillance and the Meanings of Being Mobile. A Discussion on The Imaginary App book,” with Patricia Clough, Robbie Cormier, Simon Critchley, Lev Manovich, and Paul D. Miller, at Cabinet Magazine, NYC, October 7, 2014.
- “Information Control and Revolution,” a round table discussion with Volodymyr Kulyk, National Academy of Sciences in Ukraine (information weapons in the battle for Ukraine); Nick Dyer-Witheford, FIMS, Western U (squares, networks and revolutions); Aleksander Essex, Engineering, Western U (cryptography, cyber security and hacking); Serguei Primak, Engineering, Western U (information systems: control, use, impact on society); Anna Dolidze, Western Law (Russia’s approach to the periphery and International Law); and Kadie Ward, FIMS, Western U; build strong cities (cities of the Ukrainian East), an event in a series Media and Crisis in Ukraine, Western University, June 5, 2014
- “(H)appy Thoughts: Technique, Prosthesis, Interface” with Benjamin Bratton (UC San Diego), Jamie Allen (Un of Copenhagen), Dock Currie (York U) and Svitlana Matviyenko (Western U) at 4S: Society for the Social Studies of Science, San Diego, October 9-12, 2013
- “Media Studies” with Paul Walker (Murray State U), Benjamin Kozicki (Rice U), and Svitlana Matviyenko (Western U) at MMLA, Saint Louis, MO, November 2011
- 2016 Information Wars and Struggles (Rogers Lecture series – co-organizer with Nick Dyer-Witheford), University of Western Ontario, January – May 2016
- “You May Not be Interested in Cyber War” (with Nick Dyer-Witheford). Augmenting the Left, York University, Toronto, May 27, 2017
- “Cybernetics: Alternative Histories,” The Glushkov Conference, Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Kyiv, Ukraine, November 24, 2016
- “The Lure of the Voice in the Ballet of Machines” (with Nancy Gillespie). Tuning Speculation II: Auralneirics and imaginary networked futures at Arraymusic Studio, Toronto, November 7-9, 2014.
- “Interpassivity and Technique,” Apps and Affect, Western University, Museum London, London, ON, October 20, 2013.
- “Apps and Interpassivity ” Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) Annual Meeting, San Diego on October 9-12, 2013.
- “Borges and Non-Metaphorical Space” (with Benjamin Kozicki). ACLA: Global Positioning Systems, University of Toronto, Toronto, April 4-7, 2013.
- “The Castel in Ruins: Nonhuman Testimonies.” After Queer, After Humanism, Rice University, Houston, TX, September 14-15, 2012.
- “‘What’s Happening Right Now?’ Motion and Mediality.” A.S.A.P. 3, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, October 27-30, 2011 (with Susan Kozel).
- “The Human Thing.” Whither Posthuman? A round table organized by Stefan Herbrechter and Ivan Callus, MLA, Los Angeles, January 6-9, 2011.
- “Avatar as an Object: Politics, Affect, Topology.” Networks Politics: Objects, Subjects and New Political Affects, Ryerson University, Toronto, October 22-23, 2010.
- “The Veil, the Pleasure Principle and Jouissance: A Concept of the Veil though Lacanian Psychoanalysis.” Veiled Constellations: The Veil, Critical Theory, Politics, York University, June 3-5, 2010.
- “Camp Factories: Queer Aesthetics, Dandyism and Alternative Fashion from the 60s to Lady Gaga.” Social Theory, Freud and Lacan, University of Massachusetts, Boston, April 7-8, 2010.
- “Sensuous Extimacy: Sexuation and Virtual Reality. Taking on a Gender Identity in Second Life.” DAC’09 After Media: Embodiment and Context, University of California, Irvine, December 12-15, 2009.
- “Identity in the Age of Cybercitizenship.Teaching Intermediate Composition in Second Life.” HASTAC 2009: Traversing Digital Boundaries, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, April, 2009.
- “Cyber-Prosthesis: What Is My Avatar to Me? What Am I to My Avatar?” The Body Project Conference. University of Missouri, Columbia, April 11, 2009.
- “Translation, Topology, Transgression…” Within the seminar “Thinking on the Task of the Translator: Traversing Literary Belonging between Nostalgia and Melancholy for Language in the Global Context.” ACLA Annual Meeting 2009, Harvard, March 26-29, 2009.
- “David Cronenberg’s Technology of Transgression.” Film and Science: Fictions, Documentaries and Beyond, 2008 Film and History Conference, October 30—November 2, 2008, Chicago, IL.
- “The Prosthetic Body in the Artistic Practice of Matthew Barney.” The Body Project Conference. University of Missouri, Columbia, April 12, 2008.
- “A Cyborg at the ‘Mirror Stage’: The Conflict between the Body and the Flesh in David Cronenberg’s Films.” 33rd Annual Film and Literature Conference on Cyborg Science and Virtual Materialities in Literature and Film, Florida State University, January 31—February 3, 2008, Tallahassee, FL.
- “The Society of the Screen: The Mirror Stage in the Virtual Space as Revealed in Psychoanalytic Practice.” Public Views of the Private. Private Views of the Public. Conference of the International Visual Sociology Association, August 10-12, 2007, New York, NY.
- “Autobiographical Discourse through the Ages: Self-writing versus Autobiography in Old Texts.” The Third Annual Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities, January 2005, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2005.
- “Majk Johansen’s Ironic Reception of Russian Formalism. International Conference on Classical Poetics and Aesthetics in the Postmodern Age, Franko State University, May14-15, 2003, Lviv, Ukraine.
- “Autobiographical Discourse: Private Mythology Bruno Schultz.” The International Conference “W uіamkach zwierciadіa… Bruno Schulz w 110 rocznicк urodzin I 60 rocznicк smierci.” Lublin Catholic University, December 2002, Lublin, Poland.
- “Motives of Bezgruntianstvo (“Lost Ground”) in Viktor Petrov’s Prose.” The East Academy International Conference in Ukrainian Studies, February 2002, Lüneburg, Germany.